Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year, New Goals!

Today is the first day of an 11 week challenge of Biggest Loser with my sisters work. Everyone paid in $5. Each week we email in our weight loss or gain. The Team Member with the lowest weight lossed has to pay $5. At the end of the 11 weeks the Team Member with the Highest % lost wins the pot! After having a baby this is the best thing for me. I'm not going to call it my New Years Resolution because I have NEVER stuck with anything that was a NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!!!

Last Year I didn't have a Resolution either. I began Weight Watchers towards the end of January and everything started out well. During the Month of March I was getting frustrated, I was working out 4-5 days at the gym for 1-2 hours per day, counting points, and it consumed my life basically. All I talked about is points this and points that and next thing you know my weight stopped going down. I was frustrated. I told WW that I was going to take some time off from going to the meetings and weighing in. After all I had a photo shoot the next Sat and then I was going to be going home for two weeks so this would just be easier and maybe I would lose more weight without the pressure. Then I thought to myself that maybe this wasn't the problem. So, I took a pregnancy test and we were VERY HAPPY with the results. Now after being off of WW for 10 months and a 2 month old baby girl in tow back to WW I go or should I say WE go. When I'm on WW then the whole family eats better and we have all our dinners based on WW recipes. This time my family won't hear me counting points as I'm putting our dinners and dessert together because I'm doing the "Core Plan" this time. The Core plan has a list of foods that I can eat which will include my 3 servings of milk (for nursing) and my 5 servings of Fruit and Veggies and then all my lean protein. Of course I won't be deprieved because I have my 35 weekly points to use on the items I want that are not on the list. I think this is going to work for me. I know what my portions are supposed to be from previously being on the point system so I will continue to eat 3 smaller meals and 2 snacks per day! I'm going to also work on using the Momentum program that encourages eating more Fiber filled, energy sourced foods to make your meals last longer without the ups and downs from being starved before it's time to eat again. Anyone that would like the Core Foods list sent to them let me know and I would be happy to type it up for them. The Core Plan is designed to teach you the healthy things to eat for a healthier lifestyle.

I enjoyed emailing in my weight this morning knowing that next week I'll be emailing in a loss! I'm so excited!

No comments: